Most Active Stories
Exclusive Weekend in Washington, D.C.
Mon February 6, 2012
Join NHPR for an Exclusive Weekend in Washington D.C.
This spring you will have the opportunity to meet some of the faces behind the mic, and visit the places where many of your favorite public radio programs are created.
May 3-5, 2012 - Limited to 30 participants - an exclusive tour by NHPR
For starters, we’ll meet the new CEO of NPR, Gary Knell and have an intimate lunch and discussion with Diane Rehm, host of The Diane Rehm Show, one of NHPR listeners’ favorites, broadcast each weekday throughout the Granite State. We’ll also meet Audie Cornish, host of All Things Considered. To dig a bit further into media and journalism, there will be two panel discussions on a range of important and timely topics with NPR reporters and editors as special guests.
Washington boasts more than politics and journalism. We’ll visit a few of the more unique attractions in the District including a private guided tour of the Newseum, a seven-level gallery that spans five centuries of news history with technology and hands-on exhibits.
Along the way we’ll dine at some of D.C.’s finest eateries and stay in the Palomar Hotel, a four-star boutique hotel near DuPont Circle.
- -Exclusive visit with Diane Rehm from The Diane Rehm Show
- -Opportunity to meet with new NPR CEO Gary Knell
- -Breakfast with NPR’s Audie Cornish interviewed by NHPR’s Virginia Prescott
- -Panel discussions on current events and topics with NPR reporters and editors
- -Tour of the NPR studios
- -Private guided tours of the -Newseum, the Phillips Collection and Dumbarton Oaks
- -Deluxe accommodations at the Palomar Hotel
- -Private air-conditioned coach service for all excursions
Tour Cost: $1495 per person, ground only, double occupancy
Single supplement: $200
Deposit: $500 per person, first come, first served. Includes a $200 tax-deductible contribution to NHPR. Balance deadline is March 23, 2012 (after that date, call for availability.)
Reserve your spot on the tour: Email Anna Moskov of NHPR, or call 603.223.2481 to reserve your spot with a credit card deposit.
Click here to see the full itinerary.*
*Schedule and guests are tentative and may change based on availability.