Most Active Stories
- A Huge, New Ski Resort At The Balsams?
- Rail Study Group Expects 3,000 Riders Daily Between Manchester and Boston
- N.H. Senate Approves Medicaid Expansion Proposal
- Miss. Man Thought Dead, Comes Back To Life On Embalming Table
- With Escalating Heroin Epidemic In Portsmouth, City's Reputation Could Be On The Line
Wed August 8, 2012
Lisa Marie Presley On World Cafe
Being the only child of rock 'n' roll's king has kept Lisa Marie Presley under a long shadow, but she's found ways to make her music stand out that don't involve her lineage or occasionally stormy personal life.
Born in Memphis in 1968, Presley was left fatherless after Elvis' death when she was just 9. The younger Presley didn't release her debut album, To Whom It May Concern, until 2003; it and its 2005 follow-up, Now What, were both favorably reviewed chart hits. After a long hiatus, Presley released a darker record called Storm & Grace in May.