Most Active Stories
- Historic Ice-Out Of Winnipesaukee Expected
- Newbie Urban Gardeners Don't Realize How Much Soil Is Contaminated
- Mariano Rivera Jr. To Play For Laconia Muskrats This Summer
- New N.H. Housing Report: Demographics & Housing Mismatch
- A Glimpse At Your Future Electric Bill? N.H. Utility Experiments Encourage Conservation
Writers on a New England Stage
Tue July 26, 2011
Writers on a New England Stage: Ben Mezrich
This segment was produced by Shannon Dooling.
The controversial author and self-proclaimed inventor of a new genre of literary non-fiction, Ben Mezrich's bestselling books include Bringing Down the House and The Accidental Billionaires. The first was the source for the film, 21 and the second was adapted into the Academy Award-winning movie The Social Network.
Mezrich's most recent book, Sex on the Moon,debuted at number twelve on The New York Times best-seller list. The book picks up his now familiar tale of an outsider plotting a meteoric rise and then falling back to earth in spectacular fashion. Ben Mezrich stepped out in front of a live audience at The Music Hall in Portsmouth to talk about how he distinguished himself from the fray.